Music for Leather Folk by Leather Folk
- Xack Phobe: Music/Vocals song by a Leatherman. "My style is Pop and Ballads, and I throw in some piano-accompanied Carpenters tunes. I find that the leatherman look and the lyric tenor style are a nice contrast." Sample Song. Email: email@example.com
- The Music of Butt Boy: Dallas based electronic composer who writes music specifically for leathersex.
The Most Popular Choices
The BDSM Board of Standards and Practices has determind that at least one of the following must be played at all BDSM parties
- Songs by Enya
- Songs by Enigma such as "Sadness"
- "The Vampire Hunters" from Bram Stoker's Dracula Soundtrack
- Gregorian Chant such as from the CD Chant
- Songs by Nine Inch Nails such as "Pretty Hate Machine"
Long List of Suggestiosn from Various SourcesThe following is a collection of recommendations from various scene people. Some have been taken from newsgroups and mailing lists.
OLD and WORLD
- the Chant CDs or any kind of gregorian chant
- Medieval nuns choires
- Japanese drums
- African rhythm (drums & chant)
- Gealic music
- Pan pipe music from the Andes
- "In The Mood"
- "Sing, Sing, Sing"
- Led Zeppelin (almost mesmerizing)
- James Brown ( driving, almost monotonous beat)
- The Rev. Billy C. Wirtz "Pianist Envy".
- Sisters of Mercy specially Dominion, Mother Russia and This Corrosion.
- Gift by The Sisterhood -- 'Finland Red, Eygpt White'
- anything by The Apollo All-Stars.
- "anything by Nine Inch Nails" (Pretty Hate Machine)
- "just about anything by Prick (except "Make Believe")"
- "Venus in Furs"-Velvet Underground
- "anything by the Sisters of Mercy"
- KMFDM-"Secret Skin" "Juke Joint Jezebel"
- Canadian group's "disco" version of Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing."
- Sweet Dreams by Anne Lennox
- "most of the tracks from Mannheim Steamroller" Roxy Music
- instrumental works of Alan Parsons Project
- Barry White.
- Prince ("If you're a fanatic, or if you're not") Live
- Type O Negative,
- Pink Floyd,
- The Doors
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Sex Magick
- Leonard Cohen
- "Almost everything fom the Velvet Underground, esp. Venus in Furs."
- Yes - Tales of Topographic Oceans "for sensual teasing scenes."
- Patsy Cline "Please Release Me."
- Sisters of Mercy
- Stiltskin "for more rockish tastes."
- Mazzy Star's "So Tonight That I Might See" ("makes for a good getting-laid session.")
- Irish or Welsh female singers, ala The Cranberries from modern works.
- "Justify your Love" by Madonna
- Portishead's "Dummy"
- Enya ("for longer scenes where you want your sub to feel as though they are floating away somewhere")
- Loreena McKennitt ("If you love Enya")
- the medevil sounds of Clannad (lyrics)
- Hildegard Von Bingen: Very nice spritual music.
- anything by Anonymous 4.
- Dead Can Dance
- "Heaven and Hell" by Vangelis Papathanassiou
- "Himalaya" by Vangelis on "China"
- Peter Gabriel's Passion: the sound track to The Last Temptation of Christ.
- Blade Runner
- "The Prodigal Son Brings Death" from Blade Runner
- Zorba the Greek by Herb Alpert
- The Last of the Mohicans ("including a track by Clannad")
- The Mighty Quinn ("very trippy, mesmorizing dancy/ravey type music")
- Babylon 5
- Batman Danny Elfman
- "Tocatta and Fugue in D" by Bach.
- "The March to the Scaffold" and "Witch's Sabath" from Symphonie Fantastique Berlioz
- Carmina Burana Orff
- Rite of Spring Stravinski
- Ravel's Trios and Sonatas, performed by Dantorow, Muller and Rouvier (the soundtrack for Un Coeur en Hiver)
- Mozart "for mental scenes"
- "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song.
- the Masochism Tango by Tom Leher
- Deep Forest
- Ingrid Chavez (Paisley Park label)
- Soundtracks from the Cirque du Soleil: the titles are Alegria and Saltimbanco "Song of India" is also nice.
Ambrosio's Personal FavoritesYou can tell I do a lot of sensual scenes.
- Enya (for sensual scenes)
- Philip Glass (when I want to feel Evil!)
- Roy Orbison's "Love Hurts" (as a prelude.)
- Patsy Cline's "Please Release Me" (as a prelude.)
- Angelo Balalamenti (Twin Peaks, Julie Cruise)
- Ani DiFranco with the Buffalo Philharmonic "Joyful Girl" (My favorite singer-songwriter. Most of her work doesn't lend itself well to BDSM but I think this one does.)
- Georges Bizet "Habanera" and "Seguedille et duo" from Carmen. (I love Julia Mignes Johnson's performance from the Francesco Rosi film.)
- Ennio Morricone The Mission soundtrack.
- The Ninth Gate soundtrack
- Online Shopping for BDSM Toys: A unique selection of inexpensive sources for quality toys including some less expensive toy sources most people don't think about.
- Creative Toy Sources!
- On Making Canes
- Books and Magazines
- Jay Wiseman's Book Review for The Gift of Fear
- Scene Music
- Relevant DVDs: Recommendations for DVDs with BDSM themes
- Ambrosio's Affliate Store
- Some Items for Sale on eBay
- An Amazon.com Storefront