Texas Leather: Resources for the Lone Star State
Texas Events Calendars and Websites
Texas Oriented Mailing Lists
- Ambrosio's BDSMTX News is a low volume mailing list featuring announcements, press releases, occasional relevant articles about WIITWD, privacy issue links, interesting URLs, etc., The emphasis will be on Central Texas but the rest of Texas, the U.S., and -- occasionally -- the World are covered.
URL: Ambrosio's BDSMTX Newsletter page
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ambrosio_News/
- BDSM at Texas is a Yahoo Group (a combined mailing list, message board, and chat room) meant to be "another adition to our home in IRC: #BDSM@Texas."
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bdsmattexas/
- BDSM Lifestyle Club Texas - Mental Dominance In The Southwest. The founder writes "I founded this Club for ADULTS 18 & over in hopes of having U/us in this Great lifestyle have a better chance of meeting in person. I have found that when Y/you do connect with a sub or Dom, they always live thousands of miles away. So the mission of this club to get U/us from playing online to playing in the flesh, like I say, I rather be tying you up, than typing you up.... "
Yahoo! eGroup: BDSM Lifestyle Club Texas
- The BDSM_Texas mailing list at Yahoo Groups:
"BDSM social club and dungeon providing an atmosphere to learn and enjoy the lifestyle. We meet twice a month on every second and fourth friday night. Members also have a mailing list and web site exchange areas for information, pictures and BDSM events."
- The administrator of pillory.com has created a mailing list entitled "BDSMTexas" to provide a forum for Texas Leather Folk and S&M groups. The list is open to members of all Texas BDSM groups and unaffiliated individuals for announcements, news items, questions, advice, articles, and discussions on BDSM issues as they specifically relate to the Texas scene or the scenes in individal regions and cities. This list is open to anyone interested in subscribing, provided they are prepared to respect the opinions, lifestyles, and privacy of others (no "flamming" or indiscretion please.) In addition, Personals, Flames, chain letters, off topic threads, personal attacks, Binaries, JPEGS, AVI's, and other attachments are inappropriate. There are other resources available for those postings. To subscribe, send email to email@example.com. The mail server will send a confirmation request (an email you simply need to reply to) before you will be added. Subscribing to this newsgroup implies agreement to comply with the standards and terms outlined above.
- BDSM_Texas-FLUFF: A mailing list "... for those in the Texas BDSM community to have an outlet for BDSM oneliners and fluff messages and to have a good time."
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BDSM_Texas-FLUFF
- BiNetSouthCentral: A mailing list which "... serves to provide a forum for bisexual and bifriendly individuals, activists, organizers, and groups in the South Central region of the US (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas) as defined by BiNet USA. We welcome all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning, those into BDSM, and significant others of any of the above to join us in our discussion of the following: bisexual issues, starting up new BiNet groups, local and regional events, BiNet USA news, initiatives, and conferences, dating, womens and mens issues, and other topics relating to bisexuality. It is also a list which will serve to help bisexuals meet other bisexuals, with a particular emphasis on outreach to isolated individuals. We are a diverse group and welcome people of color, the differently-abled, and any interested individuals 18 years of age or older."
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiNetSouthCentral
- BDSM Texas Personals Mailing List: for relationships or encounters in Texas. One problem with many of the National Personal list is that the people who post rarely identify their location in the subject line. Occasionally someone will forget to include their location anywhere in the body. More often then not, if they do mention where they live it's at the bottom of the message. Some people prefer regional lists which have smaller subscriber bases but more appropriate posts. One under utilized resource for people in the Texas scene looking for partners is the BDSM Texas Persons list at Pillory.com . As the name implies it's strictly for Texas scene people looking for partners. Unfortunately only a handful of people seem to subscribe to it. Maybe this link will change that. To subscribe to the newsletter send a blank email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send binary attachments or unsubscribe requests to the list. To unsubscribe send a blank message to email@example.com . The list owner can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. (But if you are new to the scene, first please read the some of the articles in Dating and Communication section.
- Central Texas Kinky Classifieds is described as "A free place to advertise (with no word limit or page size restriction) amongst our subculture. Yard sales, business inquiries, trade, lost & found, help needed, wanted, or available, items for sale or trade. It doesn't have to be lifestyle related to be posted. No personal(s) ads will be listed."
List owner: CenTxKinkyClassifiedsemail@example.com
- kinkytexans: This is a discussion and information group for people in the B*D*S*M lifestyle in Texas. Find out about groups and events in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and elsewhere in Texas and the surrounding states. Discuss any issue related to B*D*S*M - b0ndage, D/s, S/M, etc. Not affiliated with any group and open to all.
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kinkytexans/
- Texas_BDSM: A new, small list which seems to have started in January of 2000. "Come discuss BDSM, kink, and adult consensual power exchange -- Texans do everything to an extreme, and BDSM is no exception! Announcements of state and regional events are always welcome."
- Texas Spanking is "a Personal/Classified Website only, dealing with anything that is related to BDSM and the alternative lifestyle" (BTW, if you live in the central Texas area and are a spankophile, also read about SASSY, the spanking group in San Antonio.)
- Black BEAT Texas Munch Group: I don't know much about this organization and it's not clear where in Texas they're HQed. According to the Yahoo! Group site, the Black BEAT Texas Munch Group is "an affiliate group to the Black BEAT Inc. organization. It is our goal to support local persons and organizations for people of color. We are an inclusive group, not exclusive, those of all ethnicities, races and sexual preferences are WELCOME and encouraged to participate. You *MUST* reside in the state of Texas (or a neighboring state which does not have a Black BEAT chapter ie. LA) and be 21 and over to join this group. Your profile should reflect the city in which you live and age."
National Chapter: http://www.blackbeatinc.org/
State Wide Organizations
- For Women Only: The Dyke Uniform Corps, or D.U.C., is a private association of women of honor, integrity, and discipline whose mission is to share a common interest in the wearing of military and law enforcement uniforms within the s/m, leather and fetish communities. The Dyke Uniform Corps currently has Battalions (chapters) in New York and Texas, and is expanding nationally. For more information write DUCNY@aol.com, DUCTX@aol.com, or
PO Box 691025
San Antonio, Texas, 78269
- Lone Star Leathermen has members all over the state including Houston, Comanche, San Antonio, and Austin. They sponsor the UnRun held every July 4 at the Texas Conference of Clubs site. (See the Texas Conference of Clubs listing next.)
- The Texas Conference of Clubs owns and operates a private 30-plus acre campground outside of Cameron, Texas. The Conference is composed of member clubs, independent members, and commercial organizations. TCC has member clubs in Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio, as well as other cities in and bordering the State of Texas.
Yahoo! eGroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasconferenceofclubs/
- Find Your Incumbent: The Texas Find Your Incumbent (FYI) system provides information about elected officials and the districts they represent. Information includes districts of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, Congress (Texas delegation, U.S. House of Representatives), and Texas State Board of Education (SBOE).
- The ACLU of Texas is a member of the American Civil Liberties Union Freedom Network. They work to protect the rights of all Texans through litigation, legislation, direct action, and education.
- Texas is the home of George W. Bush.