☰ Site Navigation
San Antonio Resources
- Texas Home
- Austin, TX
- Dallas and Ft. Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Please Note
- Relevant Reading
- San Antonio Area Web Guides
- Annual San Antonio Events
- Local Groups
- San Antonio Dungeons, Play Spaces, and Lifestyle Alternative Centers
- Scene Friendly Local Night Clubs and Bars
- Local Shopping
- San Antonio Health and Wellness Resources
- In Case of Rape or Violence in San Antonio
- Vanilla (Non-kinky) San Antonio Resources
- Other Texas Cities
- Inclusion here does not equate endorsement.
- Some of this information might be outdated. Visit the links or call before making any plans.
- Please contact Ambrosio with corrections or suggestions.
- Austin is about 70 miles away from San Antonio and makes a great day trip for Alamo city visitors. You might choose to view the Austin Resource page.
- What To Expect At a Munch by Mistress Constance
- A beginners' guide to munches by Stu
- What To Expect At a Play Party by Mistress Constance
- What To Expect At a Bash by Mistress Constance
- Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol by Ambrosio
- Why Would Anyone Participate in S&M? by Keith L. Kendrick
San Antonio Area Web Guides and Calendars
Annual San Antonio Events
- In the past, the Temple of Flesh has hosted annual events such as Exotic Easter and the San Antonio Fetish Ball. The last such event was in 2019, before the Pandemic. The site is still online, so it's possible ToF will produce another one day.
San Antonio Dungeons, Play Spaces, and Lifestyle Alternative Centers
- Munches: a community center that houses munches, classes,and parties. All lifestyles are welcome to join and explore the space and themselves. Munches is a private club where membership is required.
Munches on Fetlife
- Temple of Flesh: a performance group that puts on musical fetish spectaculars such as "Exotic Easter" and a monthly underground SGLBT / BDSM / BYOB Club --- a night of erotic fetish fantasies and fun on the last Sunday of the month at Players Club. Founder Steve of Destruction describes it as a continually evolving project aimed at keeping the fetish scene alive through a number of services. They also do bondage shows for the stage and create web sites.
Temple of Flesh on FetLife
Scene Friendly Local Night Clubs and Bars
To my knowledge, San Antonio does not have a dedicate Leather bar. Although the San Antonio Eagle operated here when I was out of state for three years.
- The Annex "We are a friendly neighborhood GAY MEN'S BAR that caters to the leather and bear community. We are the home bar for the Alamo Bear Club, The Chain of Command, San Antonio Gear Enthusiasts (SAGE), and the San Antonio Gay Pool League. We have proudly served the gay community for over 15 years and encourage responsible drinking and safe sex practices ALWAYS."
- Bonham Exchange: a Gay night club / dance club at 411 Bonham St. in downtown San Antonio (close to the Alamo.) It's very popular with the straight crowd as well.
- Adult Video Megaplex: Sections devoted to bondage videos and some BDSM toys. 9405 IH 35. 210-657-9999
- Dazzle's Erotic Dance Wear, Shoes & Acceccesories: Carries Corsets along with more fetish wear and other sexy women's clothes. Tues. - Sat 10 - 7:30 and Mon 2 - 7:30. 4052 Naco Perrin. 210-655-7698.
- Hardcore Leather at 1426 N Main Ave.
- The Leather Factory: the place for discriminating leather craftsmen to buy their tools and supplies. You won't find any whips on floggers on display but my artistic friends recommend it to anyone who wants to make their own. Please note: This is a vanilla establishment. 5710 Mobud. 210-647-5800.
- Lopez Brothers Silversmiths in Bandera produce custom silverwork. They are fetish friendly and they "loves custom orders -- the more exotic the better."
- Shades of Love is a tasteful lingerie store with a few toys (but no heavy S&M gear). An ad describes it as "San Antonio's ONLY upscale boutique for the discriminating woman or the man in her life" with "the finest selection of sensual items."
San Antonio Health and Wellness Resources
- San Antonio AIDS Foundation (SAAF, pronounced "safe"): HIV prevention education and testing.
In Case of Rape or Violence in San Antonio
- Call 911 for police emergency
- San Antonio Police Department's Victim's Advocacy
- Rape Crisis Center San Antonio Texas
- San Antonio, TX Domestic Violence Programs: There are currently 5 domestic violence and abuse shelters and programs in San Antonio, TX with 2 offering a hotline and 2 offering emergency shelter.