The Most Popular Choices
The BDSM Board of Standards and Practices has determind that at least one of the following must be played at all BDSM parties
- Songs by Enya
- Songs by Enigma such as "Sadness"
- "The Vampire Hunters" from Bram Stoker's Dracula Soundtrack
- Gregorian Chant such as from the CD Chant
- Songs by Nine Inch Nails such as "Pretty Hate Machine"
Long List of Suggestiosn from Various SourcesThe following is a collection of recommendations from various scene people. Some have been taken from newsgroups and mailing lists.
OLD and WORLD
- the Chant CDs or any kind of gregorian chant
- Medieval nuns choires
- Japanese drums
- African rhythm (drums & chant)
- Gealic music
- Pan pipe music from the Andes
- "In The Mood"
- "Sing, Sing, Sing"
- Led Zeppelin (almost mesmerizing)
- James Brown ( driving, almost monotonous beat)
- The Rev. Billy C. Wirtz "Pianist Envy".
- Sisters of Mercy specially Dominion, Mother Russia and This Corrosion.
- Gift by The Sisterhood -- 'Finland Red, Eygpt White'
- anything by The Apollo All-Stars.
- "anything by Nine Inch Nails" (Pretty Hate Machine)
- "just about anything by Prick (except "Make Believe")"
- "Venus in Furs"-Velvet Underground
- "anything by the Sisters of Mercy"
- KMFDM-"Secret Skin" "Juke Joint Jezebel"
- Canadian group's "disco" version of Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing."
- Sweet Dreams by Anne Lennox
- "most of the tracks from Mannheim Steamroller" Roxy Music
- instrumental works of Alan Parsons Project
- Barry White.
- Prince ("If you're a fanatic, or if you're not") Live
- Type O Negative,
- Pink Floyd,
- The Doors
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Sex Magick
- Leonard Cohen
- "Almost everything fom the Velvet Underground, esp. Venus in Furs."
- Yes - Tales of Topographic Oceans "for sensual teasing scenes."
- Patsy Cline "Please Release Me."
- Sisters of Mercy
- Stiltskin "for more rockish tastes."
- Mazzy Star's "So Tonight That I Might See" ("makes for a good getting-laid session.")
- Irish or Welsh female singers, ala The Cranberries from modern works.
- "Justify your Love" by Madonna
- Portishead's "Dummy"
- Enya ("for longer scenes where you want your sub to feel as though they are floating away somewhere")
- Loreena McKennitt ("If you love Enya")
- the medevil sounds of Clannad (lyrics)
- Hildegard Von Bingen: Very nice spritual music.
- anything by Anonymous 4.
- Dead Can Dance
- "Heaven and Hell" by Vangelis Papathanassiou
- "Himalaya" by Vangelis on "China"
- Peter Gabriel's Passion: the sound track to The Last Temptation of Christ.
- Blade Runner
- "The Prodigal Son Brings Death" from Blade Runner
- Zorba the Greek by Herb Alpert
- The Last of the Mohicans ("including a track by Clannad")
- The Mighty Quinn ("very trippy, mesmorizing dancy/ravey type music")
- Babylon 5
- Batman Danny Elfman
- "Tocatta and Fugue in D" by Bach.
- "The March to the Scaffold" and "Witch's Sabath" from Symphonie Fantastique Berlioz
- Carmina Burana Orff
- Rite of Spring Stravinski
- Ravel's Trios and Sonatas, performed by Dantorow, Muller and Rouvier (the soundtrack for Un Coeur en Hiver)
- Mozart "for mental scenes"
- "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song.
- the Masochism Tango by Tom Leher
- Deep Forest
- Ingrid Chavez (Paisley Park label)
- Soundtracks from the Cirque du Soleil: the titles are Alegria and Saltimbanco "Song of India" is also nice.
Ambrosio's Personal FavoritesYou can tell I do a lot of sensual scenes.
- Enya (for sensual scenes)
- Philip Glass (when I want to feel Evil!)
- Roy Orbison's "Love Hurts" (as a prelude.)
- Patsy Cline's "Please Release Me" (as a prelude.)
- Angelo Balalamenti (Twin Peaks, Julie Cruise)
- Ani DiFranco with the Buffalo Philharmonic "Joyful Girl" (My favorite singer-songwriter. Most of her work doesn't lend itself well to BDSM but I think this one does.)
- Georges Bizet "Habanera" and "Seguedille et duo" from Carmen. (I love Julia Mignes Johnson's performance from the Francesco Rosi film.)
- Ennio Morricone The Mission soundtrack.
- The Ninth Gate soundtrack
- Online Shopping for BDSM Toys: A unique selection of inexpensive sources for quality toys including some less expensive toy sources most people don't think about.
- Creative Toy Sources!
- On Making Canes
- Books and Magazines
- Jay Wiseman's Book Review for The Gift of Fear
- Scene Music
- Relevant DVDs: Recommendations for DVDs with BDSM themes